How to Log-In and/or Set PIN for Student Accounts
First Time Log In to Set PIN
The format for the student DOE account ends in @nycstudents.net.
You don't always have to enter the full email address. The User Name for your account is the part before @nycstudents.net
To set your PIN go to the Student Self Service Password Reset
Choose "Sign In For Password & Profile Management"
Enter your username and temporary password (If you do not know them, ask your teacher or Mrs. Reed)
Click Password Reset on the left side.
Enter your temporary password.
Enter your new password, confirm the new password, then click Save Changes.
Your Password must:
- Contain between 8-32 characters
- Contain at least one number 0-9
- Contains at least one lowercase (a-z)
- Contain at least one uppercase (A-Z )
Go to Pin Reset
Your PIN must be 5–8 characters. You can use numbers, letters, or symbols (like !, @, #, $, %, ^, &). Don’t use a PIN that is easy to guess like “12345.” *It's important to only share your PIN with trusted adults.
Go to Security Questions
To Reset Your Password (once a month without help)
After they have a PIN, students can reset their passwords once per month by clicking Forgot Password at the SelfService.Schools.NYC page
If a student forgets their password more than once per month, they must ask their teacher or Mrs. Reed for a temporary password then follow the instructions on the Student Self Service Page
- Go to the Student Self Service Password Reset and select Forgot Username/Password.
- Enter your OSIS number, Date Of Birth, and PIN.
- Your Personal Information page will open up.
- Select Password Reset, enter their temporary password, select a new password, and confirm their new password.
- Select PIN Reset, select a new PIN, and confirm your new PIN.
- Select Security Questions button, select three security questions, type in your answers, and type in your password.
Here are the instructions if you click on Forgot UserName or Password